Friday, June 20, 2008

Friday Fodder

I had breakfast with a good friend today. In fact, we've had breakfast on most Fridays for a little over a year. It's always a good conversation. He challenges me. Hopefully I do the same for him. It's what I picture when I read of encouraging one another (1 Thes 5:11, Heb. 3:13). We eat, pray, and ask one another's advice. There are times we give advice, without being asked. I'm really going to miss our time together. Thanks friend!

Today, several people came over and shook hands or gave hugs saying, "I heard you were leaving. We're going to miss you. etc." After thinking about those relationships, I'm grateful for each. I'm thankful that many people have nice things to say. I'm thankful that God brought each one into my life.

Here's the dilemma life throws at us. When relationships change, there is some sadness. Anticipation of new challenges leads to anxiety and excitement. I could end with a cheesy cliche. But I won't put you through that. Life is ups and downs. God calls us to new places knowing the relationships built will change. And this is the way life is supposed to be.

Thoughts?

1 comment:

J. Brent Bullock said...

The awesome part is that true brothers are that way from the moment you meet until forever. The unity and bond that comes by the blood of Christ Jesus cannot be broken and is beyond comprehension.