Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Happiness Is...

Years ago, Charles Schultz wrote "Happiness Is..." with the wisdom of Linus, Lucy, and Charlie Brown. For Linus, of course happiness was a blanket. For Lucy, happiness was basically anything to annoy Charlie Brown. For CB, happiness was ice cream.

When I reflect on the previous 3 years, I see some great things. The ministry here has been fruitful. We've seen God strengthen faith, allow us to celebrate conversions, and meet together with a common goal. I'm grateful to just have experienced the blessing of being a part of what God is doing at New Hope.

Most of you reading know I've resigned from New Hope and will be moving near the end of the month. Shae and I have accepted a call from our home church. Although we are really excited, we are saddened by leaving friends and those we consider family. We've been in this situation before. And it never gets easier.

Living life includes throwing everything you have into relationships. Shae and I have attempted to do that. If we hadn't come to Hutto, we would have never experienced those relationships. We've experienced life with people (good and bad). For that, I will always be grateful. Sure the relationships will change but the relationships built on a good foundation will last (even into eternity).

Happiness Mr. Schultz is relationships, close friends, and family!

No comments: