Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

Okay. My friend Ted was kind enough to tag me. It seems, these are the rules:
1. Write about 5 specific ways blogging has affected you, either positively or negatively.
2. link back to the person who tagged you
3. link back to this parent post (L.L. Barkat is not so much interested in generating links, but rather in tracking the meme so she can perhaps do a summary post later on that looks at patterns and interesting discoveries.)
4. tag a few friends or five, or none at all
5. post these rules— or just have fun breaking them


So here goes:
1. Blogging for me has been fun. Although I've been tempted to quit from time to time, I'm always encouraged by friends in the blogosphere to keep writing. I look back in the archives from time to time and review what I was reading/studying months ago. Blogging takes time and effort. I'm still attempting to get on a "set schedule" - whatever that means in ministry. The negatives are miniscule with blogging. The positives are priceless.
2. Blogs I enjoy reading include Jesus Community, The Jesus Creed, Ben Witherington, She who reads, may write, and Preacherman.
3. Here's L.L's blog. Her thoughts are always worth the time.
4. I'm tagging a friend at Political Hope.
5. See above. Good reading!

8 comments:

J. Brent Bullock said...

OK. I get it. I did see the part about tagging back; you can count on that :) BTW - blogging is great!

Cheryl Russell said...

Thanks for the shout out Mike! I enjoy your blog as well! Blessings!

L.L. Barkat said...

I like that you broke the rules a little. My kind of memer. : )

Crowm said...

J. Brent,

May I call you Brent? Anyway, thanks for stopping by.

Crowm said...

Cheryl,

You're welcome. Any further thoughts on faith and politics?

Blessings,
Mike

Crowm said...

l.l.,

I never was much for rules anyway. I got close though. It's an honor to have you visit.

Blessings!
Mike

Cheryl Russell said...

HAHA! Not yet......not sure if I want to go there! I'd like to keep all my new blogging friends! ;)

Ted M. Gossard said...

Very good, Mike. Sorry I missed this until now! Thanks for your encouragement, too.

Yes, it is hard work, but all good work I think at least includes that element. Though we do what comes natural to us, as well.

Keep up your good blogging, Mike! You have a good ministry in it.