Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Created For Community

When I was in Bible College, one of the books that I really appreciated was Stan Grenz's "Created For Community." Grenz argues theology is part of everyday life. In other words, our worldviews determine how we live our lives, including what we think of ourselves, what we believe about the world in which we live, and how we interact with those around us. If you get a chance, this is a great read.

As you've noticed, I've recently been reading Leonard Sweet's "11". Sweet maintains there are 11 relationships that each of us need in our lives. I'll post about each of the relationships and would be interested in your thoughts.

Perhaps we can learn a litle more about how we are created for relationships.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen brother. We miss your presence in our "community" here.

J. Brent Bullock said...

We rose up a little earlier for the Thursday men's study .. check out the story on ...

http://knowtheblessing.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Community covers such a huge area. Or at least that's how I interpret it. There are those on my street, neighbors, neighborhood,church,town, county state and so on. I am a part of each. God's, however, is the most interesting and is all his creation. In his community we are expected to do his work and he provides every oppurtunity to do so. He wants his community to be successful as he defines it.

So? Community is still a focal point! I'm glad you part of mine.

Or so says Mike