Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Are You Kidding Me?

A few nights ago, my wife tried a new recipe for potato soup. The result: Let's just say the recipe will be in our family for years to come. There's nothing better than a hot soup on a cold day to warm your bones.

Here's something you might not know. According to The Amazing Book of Useless Information, "When potatoes first appeared in Europe in the seventeenth century, it was thought that they were disgusting, and they were blamed for starting outbreaks of leprosy and syphilis. As late as 1720 in America, eating potatoes was believed to shorten a person's life."

Just in case you're wondering, I have no medical issues to report days after consuming the potato soup. I'm not sure about life expectancy but I really feel fine.

Have a great day. And if you get a chance, eat a potato.

6 comments:

Kevin Jackson said...

I eat lots of potatoes too. Yummy. :)

Crowm said...

I eat my share and someone else's too Kevin. This potato soup was awesome! Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

soup does sound pretty good.

so....what's the recipe?

:-)

Ted M. Gossard said...

I love potatoes! Bring them on!

Anonymous said...

I do love a good soup, as you know, I really miss our visits over gread bowls of soup, bread or corn bread.... Isn't it great to make a caldron and share that goodness with friends, think that was what Jesus thought when feeding the many?

I'm glad when I get to fill soup bowls. Is this potato soup a new one?

I miss sharing soup with you guys, but am also glad ya'll are sharing with others.

So says Mike

Crowm said...

Hey Anon/Mike!

It's good to hear from you. I miss our time together as well. I continue to pray that you'll head this way soon. I'll have Shae pass the recipie on. It's outstanding.