Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Hodgepodge of Thoughts



* Alright, this is not the time or place to weigh in on the DNC convention. Although I enjoy watching and studying politics, I'll leave my comments for elsewhere.

** I'm approximately halfway through The Shack. Uhhh, interesting. I'll plan on a review by the end of the week.

*** The Blue Parakeet has yet to arrive. I was really looking forward to the review. I guess I didn't make Zondervan's "cut." It looks like I'll have to splurge in November when the book is released.

**** Part of my study for the Romans class has led me to Roger Olson's Arminian Theology: Myths and Realities. Olson is a Baptist professor at Baylor but a self-proclaimed Arminian. Although I've read it before, it was more of a cursory read. I'd recommend it to anyone interested in the Arminian/Calvinist discussion.

***** Football season is just around the corner. High School and college teams begin playing this week. The professionals start the following week. Fans will have great aspirations for their teams. For many the aspirations will wane by halftime. For others, their hope will last the entire season. It's what hope does to people.

Don't you hate a hodgepodge of whatever?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing like throwing down a few thoughts. Looks like you are hitting some good reading.

Cheryl Russell said...

Now way! I love an eclectic post such as this one. Looking forward to your thoughts on The Shack. Blessings to you!