Friday, August 8, 2008

"Why Blog?" Friday Fodder

I'm amazed at how many people tell me they read the blog but don't know how to respond, don't care to, or choose not to. After a few questions, it's clear that there are some readers in the blogosphere reading As The Crow Flies.

I pray that whoever you are, you find encouragement here and at other blogs as well. The flesh in me is tempted to give up, throw in the towel, take my toys and go home, etc. This attitude prevails just because very few comment.

After a few days, the feeling seems to pass. I've found that blogging about what's going on inside my head or reviewing my latest read has beneficial to me. For that reason, I'll keep at it.

Thanks to those of you who respond and to those who don't. Thanks for taking the time simply to read. Who knows? Maybe God will use something as screwed up as me to bless someone else. I know I've been blessed.

6 comments:

Ted M. Gossard said...

Mike,
I know what you mean. I'm often tempted to pull the plug on my own blog. But it's therapeutic for me, especially at times. And if it can help one person, than it's worth it.

But it is interesting how many more readers there are in those who actually comment. I've resisted getting a meter to track those who come on, but that's one way to gauge that. I don't want it to be about how many hits I get, or how many in comparison to someone else.

But keep blogging. All your posts are fine, and I always enjoy reading from your blog.

Crowm said...

Very gracious Ted.

Ted M. Gossard said...

Mike,
I tagged you.

Anonymous said...

Don't whine!! I am encouraged by your writing and miss our informal discussions your challenging, provocative questions!

Crowm said...

Just running short on cheese Anon. Looking for something to go with the whine.

Thanks for the encouragement!

TrueHope said...

I just found your blog today. =)